August 25, 2010

Ribbon Organizer

This ribbon organizer is for S.E.I's August challenge to make a dimensional project. This project was driven more by necessity than by inspiration. Here's the disgraceful state of my ribbon stash after my latest haberdashery shopping spree.




Supplies :
Pattern paper - SEI Dill Blossom's myrrh
Embellishments - Paperbilities alphas, ribbons

The two designs on Myrrh was perfect. I used the small flower-pattern on the front and the thin strip-pattern on the inside & the roof. Quite pleased to have worked out a template that fits economically onto one 12x12 pattern paper. The box comfortably holds 12 ribbon-straws.

Completed ribbon organizer :



I sorted the ribbons by colour and then rolled each ribbon around a straw to prevent future tangling. Mailing this first ribbon organizer out to Michelle of Scrap-It-Lah as a thank you. Now to start on Dill Blossom's saffron for my red ribbon stash . . .




Update :



So thrilled that Maria featured it on the SEI Liftstyle Blog

27 comments:

Shirl said...

What a clever clever idea! I need to get my ribbons organized too... but firstly I need to get myself organized! LOL! :) Thanks for a great inspiration...love the idea of rolling ribbons round a piece of straw :)

Kelly Massman said...

This is a great idea and pretty!

Nana's Fun Stuff said...

What a great idea for organizing the ribbons. I need to do that now too. Thanks for sharing this :) Have a great day!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my Sandy! This is so pretty and you are so creative, I like the idea and I super love the box, so so pretty, the colors, the embellishment, everything, thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

Do Be Do Bead Do said...

Brilliant!

Courtney said...

I'm a new follower through Sassy Sites blog hop! I LOOOVE making cards (when I can find the time) and your stuff is so CUTE! I'm so glad I was able to find your blog :)

Sandra said...

Fun idea...I just have a small tote full of ribbon. I am visiting from Sassy Sites blog hop. Hope you come by and say hi!

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for stopping by Sassy Sites and joining in on the party! I am excited to feature this in a upcoming post!! Happy Friday to YOU!! :)

S@lene aka Yati said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment!

1bellastager said...

this is really adorable! Great idea:)

Jen

zanas said...

lurv yr ribbons...so pretty

MamaJ said...

This really is creative & pretty!

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for being a part of our first ever Sassy Friday Party! It is so fun to see everyone's amazing blogs! Sorry, I just found out that my button wasn't working right. So, I've created a new button and you can come over and grab that one instead! :) Have a wonderful weekend and.... DON'T FORGET to sign up for the giveaway if you haven't signed up yet! xoxo

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

cbuswell said...

brilliant idea, just love it!!

Allison Shops said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina Grimes said...

Totally beautiful and creative. What an awesome idea!

Megan said...

Hi!

I am your newest follower from Sassy Sites!

I hope you will come visit, follow back, and enter some great giveaways!

Mommy Minded
www.mommyminded.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Your ribbon box is absolutely darling! What a fabulous idea!

Chowchow said...

Thanks so much Sandy. I love the ribbon holder. I am also interested to learn how you make the piglet biscuits and the lantern. When can you do a tutorial?

Playing Sublimely said...

That is so cute! Love it :)...nice to meet you!

Julie Bonner said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!

Jennifer Moore said...

That is such a cool idea!

Charlene said...

Beautifully done!

Craftberry Bush said...

Awww Sandy, your ribbon organizer is soooo girlie and pretty....so much daintier than mine....love it !
Have a great day !
Lucy

Lorie said...

Oh! That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Leanne said...

So beautiful! Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

Parents of a Dozen said...

Great idea and how cute!