December 03, 2013

A-Lister

Something strong and graphic today, a project life inspired notebook cover. The entire design is based on a play of lines and angles, starting from the bright stripes, interrupted by the 'stuff matters' caption before continuing down through the pencil line. To keep things clean and sharp embellishments are kept to a minimum, just a sky blue overlay placed askew over the title and two wycinanka chipboard petals, both in grey to match the main image - a grey pencil.

c3

As for writing things down, I'm definitely a lister (pardon the Amy Tangerine pun) and in an attempt to better understand which scrappy supplies work for me I'll be going through what I've used on projects in 2013 and what's leftover in my stash pile. Hopefully this exercise will provide some insights into the type of pattern papers and embellishments I actually incorporate onto scrap projects. Knowing what I will use can only help me become a more discerning shopper and reduce the incidences of buying what seems trendy, exciting or visually appealing, but in reality just gets relegated to 'stash status' because I don't get around to using them.   

a3

I'm also entirely prepared to be OK with liking only a portion of embellishment packs. Perhaps its just the word phrases from 12"x12" sticker sheets or just the neutral-coloured items from a die-cut pack that makes it onto my projects. In that case I'm happy to pay-it-forward by giving away the remainder (such as those colourful dimensional flowers or cute critter chipboard pieces) to other scrappers who can put them to good use. This will certainly beat putting away unused items into the stash bin on the top shelf and forgetting about them until my year-end clean up.   


Supplies : Amy Tangerine (Cut & Paste A-Lister, Yes Please Share), Crate Paper Close Knit Photo Overlay, Wycinanka Flower Chipboard, rhinestones

4 comments:

Denise Price said...

Great design here--it's strong and graphic, as you said, but also pretty and feminine.

I was listening to Paperclipping Roundtable the other day, and it was great to hear your voice! You had lots of good ideas and comments, as usual. :)

Annette Allen said...

wow great designing.. this is amazing..

Александра Галилей said...

Love your graphic designs! Great play with angles and colours!

Also I liked your ideas on looking through the papers and embellishments to buy the proper ones. Very clever!

Lizzy Hill said...

You are such a generous scrapper, Sandy, as a recipient of your 'pay it forward' & I thank you for that, & can tell you it will be much appreciated by other scrappers! LOOVE this...especially those little blooms...super idea...but I'm too haphazard in how I scrap for it to work for me...but I am like you, I'm a list girl...only cos otherwise I forget!!!!!!!!!! LOL:):):)