April 30, 2014

Deer Me


During the twice a year CHA release season there'll be a couple of standout collections for me, featuring designs that are fresh and original, making me itch to get my hands on them and start creating. This winter it was Adrienne Looman's Our Travels collection for Webster's Pages. Once it arrived in Singapore I grabbed my favourite moody skies and bokeh polka vellums plus a cut-apart sheet enticed by those squares with photo-realistic backgrounds.   

a5

In fact the very first thing I make with this collection is a card featuring two illustrated squares, one of which features (yes I'll admit it) an adorable doe-eyed fawn. I couldn't resist her. I suppose no matter how grown up and adult I'd like to think I am, at heart there's a little child drawn to a cute cartoon deer. Design-wise this card is an extension of my Geotagged card in that I explored how to balance two  squares in a 4"x5" format card, although aesthetically they couldn't look any more different.


credit : webster's pages 


Supplies : Webster's Pages Our Travels Out & About, Recorded (This & That, Heartfelt, Remember When), Studio Calico Atlantic Vellum, Carta Bella Wildflower Element Sticker

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super CUTE Sandy!

Lizzy Hill said...

Lovely card - dear deer!!! my fave bit is the slowly rounded corner:):) I'm trying not to buy ANYTHING atm!!! Haha...bet it won't last!!!

Stella said...

A deer is my favorite animal; this is sooooooooooo sweet. I pinned this card immediately! It's gorgeous!

Miriam Prantner said...

That deer is so sweet! I love the design with the two squares and the angled piece!